As a fan of open source technologies and WordPress CMS, proprietary CMSs like Kontent by Kentico have its own advantages. Kentico is built on .NET framework by Microsoft unlike WordPress built on open source PHP programming language. As a web development agency, it is better perhaps to offer your clients more choices. For this article, I am taking a look at Kentico that has two products to offer:
Here is a recommended roadmap before applying for the Kentico Xperience Partner Program:
- Download the trial (https://xperience.io/get-started/trial)
- Do the free tutorials – at least the developer one but both recommended (https://docs.xperience.io/13tutorial)
- Check out the brochure (https://xperience.io/discover/resources/kentico-xperience-brochure)
- Then when you have a prospective client that is a good fit for Kentico, apply for the partner program.
Some advantages of becoming a partner:
- Free training and sale assistance
- Discount/commission on license sales
- Easy to understand partner model
- 0 partner fees
If you have any questions or have a client you think might be a good fit, you can get in touch here TimM@kentico.com.
Similarly, consider joining Kontent Partner Program after free trial signup, schedule demo, going through documents and tutorials.
Kentico costs higher than managed WordPress hosting – premium ones like WP Engine has starting plan @25$ per month and Nexcess 19$ per month.
So, Kentico will be more appealing for large enterprises instead of small and medium enterprises, other things remaining constant.